Friday 14 May 2010

Nope

No robe battante for me tomorrow. I could pull it off, but I'm tired and quite sore today and I prefer to rest. I may not be as smart as I would wish tomorrow, but I prefer to be rested and have fun instead. I have my blue casaque for day time and I think I'll bring my velvet wrapping gown for the evening. Not as nice as with stays, but workable. And I have a new pretty cap made by madameberg!

It feels a bit meh to have an almost-finished gown that I probably won't finish now, because I'm all set to have a striped taffeta battante and not a solig satin one, but I will have to see it as an useful experience. I know I have a pattern that works, and the small things that could have been better, will be better next time.

Now I just have to locate my pocket hoops and my wide-sleeved chemise. Of course, I know prefectly well where my narrow-sleeved chemise are. Oh how annoying it is to moce house and not know where stuff are.

Hmm, a new thought. Perhaps I could use my chemise a la reine without stays...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have prioties right - be rested and have fun! I hope you have a great time. And that sounds like a definite possibility with the chemise a la reine - worth a try, anyway!

Anonymous said...

Det viktigaste är att det blir roligt och jag hoppas verkligen att det blir det!

Duchess said...

oh, I hope you finish the battante in the future! I suppose it was a toile, a working garment that *could* be finished and worn (as opposed to a muslin), but its purpose was to work out the pattern and construction for the taffeta one, yeah? (I still want to see pictars!)

Isis said...

gentlewomanthief: I had lots of fun. Unfortunately wirhout chemise a la reine as I found I had ripped a seam and didn'silkm but hey!t have enough energy to fix that.

Lady augusta: Precis! Och jag hade jättetrevligt.

Duchess: Yes, of course, a toile. In silk... :-D My camera has gone AWOL in the move, so pictures will have to wait.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...