Saturday 23 October 2010

An Edwardian cape

I have no good reasons to why I think this cape is younger than the other two, but a friend is certain it's early 20th century. It's in excellent condition. It looks brand new, and can't have been worn much. It's made of taffeta, with appliques made of silk velvet. There are also two rows of silk fringe. It's closed with a small clasp set with white stones.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Detail of the front.
Photobucket

Detail of the front's inside. The stitching for the appliques go straight through the lining.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Rowenna said...

I'm loving all these capes, Isis--I would wear any one of them now as a modern formal topper :) Thanks for posting!!

Isis said...

I'm glad you are enjoying my posts, Rowenna!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...