Wednesday 19 October 2011

Admits defeat

I have been sewing on my robe de cour. And sewing. And sewing. And started to feel that I didn’t want to go on a masked ball because I felt so rushed and stressed and that even if I sew every waking moment, I still wouldn’t be able to finish it in time. Either I would have to resort to sloppy sewing, or I could retreat. I choose the last. I have spent so much time on it now and I don’t want to rush it, I want to make it properly. So I fall back to what I have and will go in this gown instead.



I’m very pleased with that outfit too, so I’m sure I won’t regret. Clearly I couldn’t make a robe de cour in six weeks without going crazy. I think, though, that I will be able to finish it quite sanely after the ball.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vad tråkigt...

Men det är bättre att göra något ordentligt, än att hasta fram saker. Man blir mer nöjd på så sätt.

Vi får helt enkelt vänta och se din Robe de cour vid annat tillfälle.

Cynthia Griffith said...

I don't blame you. I've always said I would rather skip an event, or wear something old before I rush and make something and potentially ruin it or hate it. I like to make progress with my skills and garments, not take several steps back. The gown you'll be wearing is lovely, and I think you'll do a magnificent job on the current project by giving yourself more time to finish it the way you're wanting to finish it. Sometimes having a big deadline can be a great way to help finish a project quicker... other times, it doesn't help at all and is only causes stress or disappointment and frustration.

Lauren R said...

It's not "defeat" it's just "postpone." :-) It's better to take your time and really enjoy it than to rush it, be unhappy with how it comes out, and not enjoy the process!

Olympe de la Tour D'Auvergne said...

I think we've all had to make that decision before. Better to love it when it's done, and not be too tired to enjoy yourself at the ball.

ZipZip said...

Dear Isis,

Good plan. Besides, that ensemble has always been one of my favorites, anyhow :}

Very best,

Natalie

Augustintytär said...

That same thing happens to me every time I try to sew a new dress for an event. It will be much better this way, to finish without rushing. And your other dress option is beautiful too.

Isis said...

Lady Augusta: Det blir maskeradbal i Mars- jag ska försöka bli klar med den då :)

Cynthia: You are so right! And I don't do well with deadlines, something I knew and should have heeded to. :)

Lauren: Indeed, I won't stop working on it. I plan to wear it in Mars. :)

Comtesse Olympe: So true. :)

Augustintytär: Absolutely! And the gown I wore is one of my favourites, anyhow. :)

Natalie: Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...